The most common error couples make when they are planning a private erotic photoshoot is to keep adding more and more elements to the plan until it becomes impractical. Then they often just give up in frustration. Here are some of the things people add to their shoots which increase the complexity, the cost, and the chances for things to go wrong.
1. VIDEO - adding video recording to a still photo session causes several problems. To start with, the two techniques require different lighting systems if you want both to look good. Video also brings with it the need for a quiet shooting area, since all sounds will be recorded. Then you need to ask how the photographer is going to direct the clients without his voice being on the video. You probably don't want your naughty video to include his voice saying, "move your bootie to the left a little." To do video and stills together requires a team of two or preferably three skilled people, so the expense mounts quickly and the intimate atmosphere of the shoot is lost.
2. MULTIPLE LOCATIONS - Doing a shoot in a hotel room or the studio is pretty straightforward. Doing a shoot in one place, then transporting everyone and the equipment to another place tends to be stressful and increases the chances of unexpected problems. It's not impossible, but once again, it adds cost and complexity. It's fun to think about doing a romantic outdoor shoot on a beach at sunset, then moving to a hotel room for more intimate action, but it's not the best idea.
3. ADDING ADDITIONAL ACTORS - Many potential clients I talk with get caught up in the dream of planning an erotic photoshoot. The most common element they want to add is another person, or maybe more than one. In addition to legal and safe sex issues, this adds another failure point to the plan. The odds of them showing up for the shoot are poor. If you don't already know them well, the odds of them being compatible with your fantasy are poor. It's just a bad idea.
4. TOO MANY SCENES OR POSES - It's pretty common for clients to create a list of all the erotic scenes or poses they'd like to squeeze into the time available. It's actually good to have a list, but you need to be flexible and willing to call a halt when you start to get tired or don't feel sexy any more. In my view, erotic photoshoots are supposed to be fun, not hard work.
5. WANTING TO SHOOT OUTDOORS WHEN OR WHERE IT ISN'T PRACTICAL - Finding places where you can do a nude or erotic photoshoot outdoors is very tricky. The best place is during warm weather, on private property, where neighbors can't see. It's true that I've done many outdoor nude shoots with pro models, but I only use experienced professionals who are OK with the risks involved. We always shoot on weekdays when the woods and rivers aren't crowded and we are ready to pack up and leave at a moment's notice.
I hope you found these words of wisdom helpful in planning your own private erotic photoshoot. If you have questions, feel free to contact me using the contact option at the top of every page.
A sex-positive photographer serving your private photography needs.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);